Pages

Thursday, August 4, 2011

5 Love Languages

I haven't been married long (3+ years) but my husband and I have learned the way to say "I love you" is different for both of us. We found that we do all we can to show each other that we love one another, but it doesn't always come across in the way we had hoped. So we took the 5 love languages test to see what our love language is. My husband is mainly words of affirmation and mine is mainly physical touch. We found that we were trying to show our love for one another with our love language and not the others love language. So today I thought I would share with you the website where you and your sweetheart can take the love language quiz (based on Dr. Gary Chapman's The Five Love Languages book)...you can find it here.

If you aren't familiar with the 5 love languages they are:
1. Words of Affirmation: verbally affirming one each other
2. Quality Time: giving them your undivided attention
3. Receiving Gifts: an physical object
4. Acts of service: serving each other
5. Physical touch: holding hands, kissing, etc.

3 comments:

  1. My husband and I do the same thing. We are trying to learn each other's language! Thanks for posting this! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Erica! David and I just did this the other day! (BOND!) So totally worth finding out. Love your guts!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love this book! New follower!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...