This is the last nursery rhyme of the week. Next year I will do different nursery rhymes. I hope these nursery rhyme lesson plans have been helpful for you and your child(ren). I look forward to hearing about the other activities you came up with for your Mary Had a Little Lamb lesson plan.Subcategory: Mary Had a Little Lamb
Opposite words: stop/go
1. Lamb mask: cut center out of paper plate. Have child(ren) glue cotton balls on to rim of plate. Add construction paper ears.
2. Lamb: trace child's hand, cut out hand, glue popcorn onto hand to make a lamb and googly eyes and paper ears
Books: Mary Had a Little Lamb, books about lambs, books about sheep, books about sheering, Nursery Rhyme books
Cooking: lamb chops
Fine motor: Cotton balls and tongs: use tongs to put cotton balls into containers and take out of containers
Gross motor: Follow the leader
Language: L collection: collect objects that start with the letter "L" around the house
Math: White collection: collect white objects around the house
1. Sing "Mary Had a Little Lamb"
2. Try learning "Mary Had a Little Lamb" on the piano
1. School playground
2. Farm: visit a farm (FIELD TRIP)
If you liked this Nursery Rhyme theme check out my others:
Three Little Kittens
Click here for more theme ideas
Need help getting started? Click here to see how to put together your weekly lesson plan.