Pages

Friday, May 27, 2011

50's birthday banner tutorial

Hooray! The weekend is almost here. I am so excited to spend some time with my family. What are you doing for Memorial weekend?

Today I will be showing you how I made the birthday banner for my parent's 50th birthday party. If you want to see how the party turned out go here.


You will need:
black paper
colored paper to match your theme (we did pink & teal)
color coordinating curling ribbon
wooden music notes
black paint
scissors
hole punch
hot glue gun & glue stick

I went with construction paper, because I got a lot more of it for a lot less money.
Cut out your "records" in black paper. I made mine about 4 inches in diameter.
Cut out your inner circles for your "records". I made mine about 2 inches.
Glue the smaller circles onto your black circle.
Cut out the letters you will need for your banner.
Glue them on.
Punch 2 holes into the top of your "records".
Weave your curling ribbon through.
Curl the ends of the ribbon.
Paint your wooden music notes.
Hot glue them onto your curling ribbon.
All done!

What do you think?
I think a birthday banner that goes with the theme brightens up the party!



DONT FORGET that Sandee's Fabulous Friends Scentsy Party ends on Monday! So gather your friends and earn FREE SCENTSY BARS. Go here to check it out.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...