Pages

Monday, October 17, 2011

Halloween Ornament Wreath




We are so excited to be here on Doodles and Doilies!


Halloween decor can be scary, spooky, silly, cute, or


classic. Today we would like to show you a very classic take on both Halloween colors, and decor!






I {Bonnie} have had my eye on one of these wreaths forever!! So, last year when all the Christmas {YES...I said Christmas} ornaments went on clearance, I snatched up what I needed to make this Halloween ornament wreath!!


Here is what you will need...





1 metal macrame' ring {I got mine at Hobby Lobby}


enough christmas ornaments to fit wire ring {I used a mixture of shiny black, flat black, shiny orange, flat orange, and glittered black}


your trusty glue gun and glue


duct tape


beautiful ribbon of your choice








The first thing you will do is to cut the metal ring...be VERY careful!! {I have a band-aid to prove it!} I used a hand saw to cut through it!


Next you will need to attach the tops of the ornaments to the glass ball with a little hot glue. This decreases the chance of the glass ball "falling" off the metal attached top. Gently pull the metal top off each one and put a little bit of hot glue in the top and gently put it back together.








Now is when you get to use that fabulous creativity you have! Simply start "threading" the ornaments onto the ring. There is no right or wrong way to do this.










I did not have a pattern that I was following, I just "eyeballed" what looked good to me!












When I was almost all the way around, I left myself just enough space to tape the wire closed! I used Gorilla Tape...it is a thinner version of the traditional silver duct tape.










Really...it doesn't have to be pretty, but it does need to secure the wreath closed!!










I added a beautiful, traditional, classic black and white gingham ribbon bow....










LOVE IT!!










We hope that you visit us on our blog, Uncommon!!




Bonnie



























3 comments:

  1. It looks great! I love the bow and mix of ornaments you used.

    ReplyDelete
  2. How many bulbs did u use? What size ring is that?

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am here to your site and I have gotten some useful material from your site, must day thanks to you…
    __________________________
    Scarlett Johansson HD Wallpaper 2015

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...