Pages

Monday, October 24, 2011

Bam-Bam Costume

Good Morning to you all! I hope you weekend was long and fun. My sister-in-law got married this weekend so we had a wonderful weekend.

I wanted to share with you my son's Bam-Bam costume I made. It was really easy and quick.

It has a:
club
hat
shoes
skirt with shoulder strap & bone


You will need:
animal print fabric
brown fleece (leftover of daddys Barney costume)
thread
needle
sewing machine
batting
baseball cap
cardboard
safety pins

To make the club:
I drew a club pattern on paper and cut out two in the left over brown fleece. I sewed them together leaving a hole to turn it right side out. Then I stuffed it with batting; forming it the way I wanted it to look. Then I hand sewed the hole closed.

To make the hat:
Using a baseball cap that my son doesn't really wear I hand stitched on scrap pieces of the animal print and brown fleece.


To make the shoes:
I used an online pattern from Stardust Shoes. You can get your personal use only copy here.

To make the outfit:
I cut out a rectangle that went from my son's waist to his ankles. Sewed the short ends of the rectangle together making a tube. Sewed the top making a pocket for the elastic to go through. Added elastic and stitched it together. Zigzagged the bottom of the skirt.

I made the shoulder strap with leftover animal print material. Making a long skinny tube and attached it to the skirt using safety pins.

The bone is cut out of cardboard.



On Halloween we will dress our little baby in some warm pj's and his costume and show him off to our neighbors!


What are your children being for Halloween?

1 comment:

  1. I found your site in google search and I must say you are working so good to me.
    __________________________
    Scarlett Johansson HD Wallpaper 2015

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...